Leon County has partnered with the Tallahassee Democrat for #GoPinkLemonade. On Wednesday, October 4 from 10 a.m. to noon, Leon County will host a pink lemonade stand on the front lawn of the Leon County Courthouse. All proceeds will be donated to the Joanna Francis Living Well organization to support breast cancer research.
Leon County will also ‘Paint the Town Pink’ through several County services.
- The Leon County Courthouse will be illuminated with pink lighting the evening of Tuesday, October 3.
- Leon County EMS paramedics will wear pink medical gloves for all service calls during the month of October.
- The LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library System, including the County Main Library and its branch libraries, will feature select books related to breast cancer awareness.
- The Leon County website will feature a unique pink County seal.
- Leon County Parks and Recreation will use pink chalk to chalk boundaries on county athletic fields.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a partnership of national public service organizations, professional medical associations and government agencies working together to promote breast cancer awareness and share information on the disease.
To view photos of Leon County’s Pink Initiative during October, visit www.LeonPhotos.org .
For more information, contact Mathieu Cavell, Leon County Community and Media Relations, at (850) 606-5300 / cmr@LeonCountyFL.gov .
Follow Leon County Government on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
850.606.5300 | cmr@LeonCountyFL.gov | www.LeonCountyFL.gov